Mining insurance is a specialized form of business insurance. As with most business insurance policies, it includes liability, property and income coverage so that you can focus on what is important.
Mining insurance also provides mining businesses with several coverage options unique to this type of industry. At times, this coverage can become quite complex, it is important to consult an expert in this niche who can help you assess your coverage needs. Today’s mining insurance challenges range from how to properly value multimillion-dollar machinery, to the liability presented by contractual agreements.
Conway E&S targets multiple industry segments within oil & gas as well as mining operations. Our energy experts understand the inherent risks and insurance needs for this unique industry.
Our underwriting partners are specialists that have deep knowledge of mining risks, gained through personal experience within both the mining industry and the insurance industry. Providing the highest levels of expertise and service in the mining industry.
Below are highlights of what we can offer:
Energy Coverage Highlights
We offer specialized coverage options for nationwide energy service contractors as well as mining and quarry operations.
Mining Coverage Highlights
- A.M. Best rated A- IX (Excellent) carrier(s)
- Admitted Paper in most states
- $5,000 minimum premium on General Liability
- $2,500 minimum premium on Workers’ Compensation
Mining Available Limits
- General Liability – up to $1,000,000 occurrence / $2,000,000 aggregate
- Auto Liability – $1,000,000 CSL
- Excess Liability up to $5,000,000 limit
- Property and Inland Marine Liability limits up to $10,000,000 per occurrence. (However, we can entertain larger schedules of values)
Our coverage options include broad mining industry-specific protection features including:
- Inland Marine
- General Liability
- Workers Compensation
- Commercial Automobile
- Pollution (Time Element)
- Excess Liability
Mining coverage extensions include (but are not limited to):
- Underground and Waterborne Equipment
- Continuing Rental Expense
- GL for Blasting Operations (no xcu exclusion), Flood and Subsidence
- Products & Completed Operations
- Pollution – Sudden & Accidental (Time Element)
Mining Submission Requirements
- Mining Application
- Completed & signed ACORD application.
- 5 years currently valued loss runs or as long as the applicant has been in business.
- Workers Compensation Census.
- Resumes of owners/managers, hiring practices, safety programs and notification if the business is a new venture.